Sunday, October 18, 2015

Halloween Blog Hop Stop #5

Welcome to Stop #5 of our Creative Memories Halloween Blog Hop! 

Isn't Halloween fun? I love being a part of this blog hop with my fellow CM Content Contributors - what a creative group of ladies! Today I am going to share some ideas I came up with a few months back that I hope you will be able to use yourself. My projects are pretty simple if you have the right tools (and I try my best to use scraps so nothing gets wasted!) Today we are going to work on some spooky Halloween faces and a two page layout featuring "Spooky Eyes." Let's get started!

Spooky faces using CM cardstock, the Shape Maker System and scraps from the Border Maker System's Film Strip cartridge  

A fun layout using CM cardstock, jewels from the Floral Embellishment kits, Gold ABC/123 letter stickers, and the fence that comes with the Border Maker System
1. Spooky Skeleton and Spooky Pumpkin

To get started, you will need the Custom Cutting System's mat and the green blade, a tape runner, and the Jumbo Hexagon Pattern. You will also need the Shape Maker System with the Square and the Fancy Circle cartridges and the Border Maker System with the Film Strip Cartridge. For paper I used our Shades of Bright and Shades of Neutral Cardstock packs to get my orange, black and white cardstock (one sheet of each.) Right now Creative Memories also has for a limited time 10 sheet packs of White and Black cardstock (not a bad idea - I know those are two colors I use a lot of!)

The CM custom cutting system, blades, mat and tape runner
                                      

Creative Memories tools: The Border Maker System and the Shape Maker System



"Shades of" cardstock packs and Flower and Jewel Embellishments



One sheet each of black, white and orange cardstock

Begin by using your Green blade to make the smallest hexagon possible with the inside of the Jumbo Hexagon Pattern. Do this with both the Orange (the pumpkin) and the White (skeleton) cardstock.


 Next, take your black sheet of cardstock and make two film strip borders. Save the scraps!




Finally, using the Shape Maker System and the rest of your sheet of black cardstock, make four Fancy Circles and two squares. Cut the squares in half to make triangles.




Assemble the pieces you have cut as follows - the Fancy Circles are the eyes, the triangles are the noses and the cheekbones, and the rectangles that were the scraps from the film strip cartridge border become the mouths. Adhere with your tape runner and voila, you have a Spooky Skeleton and a Spooky Pumpkin!

Spooky faces using CM cardstock, the Shape Maker System and scraps from the Film Strip cartridge (used with the Border Making System)
 2. Spooky Eyes

My second project came from being the mother of two boys. I loved the paper flowers and the jeweled embellishments, but struggled with how I could use them for my pages. After staring at the adhesive jewels I realized they could be used as spooky eyes staring out from the dark and that is what I did to create this fun layout! I used a sheet of grey cardstock from the Shades of Neutral cardstock pack  - the black picket fence from the Border Maker system and the Gold ABC/123 letters as a title added a little something extra!

                                        




I hope you are enjoying all of these fun ideas for your Halloween pages.  Now it's time for you to go see what Diana has brewed up for you at Stop 6 on this Blog Hop, Diana Brinsley's blog. If you started at my blog but want to see the previous Halloween ideas, here are all the links:

Stop 3 Scrappinjpegs
Stop 4 LisasWorkshop


Enjoy the rest of the blog hop and as always, keep scrappin'! Fran


23 comments:

  1. love the ideas for the tools

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! It's amazing what can be done with a few shapes isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Oh, the "jewel" eyes are so cute on the borders of your spread. What a great idea! Thanks for the detailed directions for the skeleton and jack-o-lantern. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you your kind words! I thought the skeleton and jack-o-lantern could be fun for things outside of scrapbook pages as well (and I have to admit I was pretty excited when I thought of the jewels as eyes!)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of using bling/jewels as creepy eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefani! My ideas pale in comparison with the rest of the CM Content Contributors but that one did make me proud :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the ideas. Eyes are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna - I don't know how they came to me but I'm guessing it's cause I love spooky things all year long, haha!

      Delete
  5. I might have to buy that tag maker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a great system! The Shape Maker comes with the square and the circle so at $25 it is an absolute steal (used to be $55 under the old CM, now it is in "Warehouse Finds" and when it's gone it's gone.) The Fancy Circle and the Puzzle cartridges come separately but they are only $8.00 each - I would buy the whole set and never look back :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marilyn! I'll try to keep them coming :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - you are an inspiration (as are the other content contributors!) I hope we can all meet sooner rather than later

      Delete
    2. Yes Fran, I hope to meet sooner than later also! :)

      Delete
  8. Love all the ideas for the different CM tools!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanna I sure appreciate your kind words! This blog hop has been fun for everyone involved - who needs a Cricut, haha? Just kidding I love my Cricut too :) But it's fun to think outside the box with our very own CM tools.

      Delete
  9. Love the jewels as eyes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad - I was really excited when I thought of it and I am sure there would be more creative ways to use them (like with spooky trees.) I am a simple pages kind of gal, but every once in a while I like some pizazz! Thanks for reading

      Delete
  10. Love your 'out-of-the-box' creative use of the gems. As a 'Boy Mom' of three, I can relate to looking for ways to use frou-frou embellishments in other ways, too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what on earth was I going to use flowers and jewels for, haha? Amazing what a little out of the box thinking can do. My next blog post for CM is actually going to be about using that same type of thinking with combining paper packs, stay tuned! Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete
  11. It is great to see all your designs and the best part of all, there are more than 2 or 3 photos on a page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene! I have about 90,000+ photos on my computer and I take hundreds each week so getting it done is a lot more important to me than getting it done fancy :) So glad you stopped by - I tend to be a little more simplistic because I do try to get as many pictures on my pages as possible and I am a super busy person who wishes she had more time to scrap than I do.

      Delete